Sunday, January 20, 2008

Assigments and Design Challenge

Thats typical of MIT studying Systems Architect on one hand and solving world hunger problem on the other...We are working on Design competition to come with a system approach on hunger-obesity spectrum. We have divided the work and are working on trends, approaches in different part of the globe. This weekend was long but so was the assignments and to do list of things to submit next week. Some folks went for Boston this morning but I got up late (thanks to late sitting last night) and missed the trip, well it was very cold - I wouldn't have enjoyed anyways..:-).
Eating American all week gave way to eating Desi twice this weekend one was nice buffet in Hotel Shalimar of India on Mass Ave. and other in Desi Dhaba for dinner tonight.
So what have I learned so far:

a) Design Challenge.
b) System Architecture.
c) Human Side of Technology.
d) Probability and Statistics as a refresher for Engineering Risk Benefit Analysis.
e) System approach to past cases, things around us and future solutions and concepts.

I'll elaborate on each one of them later. As someone put it nicely that to learn at a institute like MIT is like drinking water from fire hose - and so I'm working on planning my spring courses to make sure I drink the part I need to quench my thirst.
I've made some good friends and acquaintances and have all intention to make these new networking to work for mutual benefit in the time to come.

Just finished reading a case on Homestar Appliances on which we all need to write a report before end of this month - will ponder on it in coming week.

Chao.

2 comments:

Deiva G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deiva G said...

Great Ashok - Some good topic! Human side of Technology. gr8 hope u have fun along with your work, study. Enjoy- Deiva