Sunday, February 3, 2008

Looking back at JAN Session

30th JAN was the last day of lectures in JAN and that gives us about a week to reboot ourselves before we go to the Spring term lectures on 5th Feb. Looking back JAN seems more worthwhile , it went little too fast, 25% of Systems Architecture done, Full course of Human side of technology done, 2 design challenges, a probability and statistic refresher and couple of sessions on leadership in general. I need to really organize the notes and get ready for spring session. It was great to be back with family and comfort zone but will not longer before I dive back to the spring semester.
I leave you with some more photos from the JAN session and will be back with more in coming weeks.
AD.

Classroom:
















SDM '08













Boston in Winter















The Stata Center houses

3 comments:

Ben Jiang said...

Nice pictures, Ashok.

btw: I don't find Jan went too fast;). However, like you said, we did have some fun as a cohort and it was worthewhile.

Prem Sharma said...

Hi Ashu,

Nice to see your blog. I am planning for sdm 2010. I am bout to complete my pg from LSE in management information system. I think I didnt learned here what i was expecting so i m planning for anothe in 2 years .. by that time i ll be having work ex of 6 years. and I am working as system analyst in a startup in london. could you please help me about knowing that the type of people in batch what is the average work ex .. and what they expect in admissions ?

Ashu said...

Hi Prem,
Just read your comment on the blog - The average age experience in the class in 9 years but that being said there are folks with just couple of years of age experience and some with 14-15 as well. Its a nice mix of people with very varied industry experience and diverse cultural backgrounds. More info on current class is here - http://sdm.mit.edu/index.php?fileName=news_articles/sdm_class08/sdm_class08.html.
All the best with your current endeavor and for future aspirations. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
AD.